Sohrab Sepehri: light, flower, water

Posted by Anonymous | Posted in | Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010

Light, Flower, Water
There is no sign of clouds,
There is no trace of winds.
I sit next to the pool:
The goldfish, the light, flower, water,
The Immaculate Tree of Life.

My mother is picking mint
At the limits of the garden.
Some bread, a few leaves of mint, a piece of cheese,
And a spotless sky, all our wet oleanders;
The salvation is not far-away: 
It’s within flowers in the yard.

The light is caressing the clear water of my goblet.
The stars on the balcony are inviting the sun to the earth.
To me, it seems,
everything is hidden behind a beam.

And the wall of time has few wide tears
disclosing my face to the other world.
There are things that I don’t know,
And things that I know.

I know,
 I fly up to the peak: I am full of feather and wing.
I gaze at the sight in darkness: I am full of torch.
I am full of light and sand,
full of flower and tree
full of lane, full of bridge, full of river and wave.
I am full of the weight of a floating leaf
- over the face of the pond-
But,
How lonely,
How empty I feel inside.

Comments (1)

what a creative mind you have

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger