mt everest

Posted by Poet mistress | Posted in | Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I
conquered
the
Mt. Everest of
distrust and
pain
that kept anchored me down
like a sunken ship in the Atlantic
your verbal abuse kept me off the radar as I hid away my shame
my dismay
was my watery grave

My lonesome journey was onerous
My arms and legs began to shake
I had to let go of my heavy baggage.
The weight of hate, and bitterness was unfathomable
When I released it, I was freed from the shackles of my past mistakes
Thirsty...I took a gulp of compassion
Love can carry you a long way
my tears washed the resin of my sorrow away


I laid out on the peak
and watched as the stars nestled themselves within the goose down comforter clouds
and the mist intermingled between my fingertips
That was the moment of truth
Where the world stood still.....
I looked upon it like a shepherd watching over her flock

Insight..
these moments are rare, and a gift
because that's when it's just you and the world
and the recognition of your destiny
I have a purpose
to spread my love
and my patience
You can conquer all your internal demons
the words that tell you that you are not good enough
these are the words that keep you locked up
you have to climb the Mt. Everest that resides in your brain
plant the flag
to remember this glorious day where you were insanely brave

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger